Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sushi Cravings Satisfied

Tonight, I made the Sushi Roll Edamame Salad in Isa Chandra Moskowitz's book Appetite for Reduction.  I don't know what to say--it was perfection on a plate.  This woman knows how to put her flavors together, people.  And the Green Onion-Miso Vinaigrette you make to dress it.  Well. . .let me just say it's good enough to smack your momma.  But not mine, because she would NOT play.  Seriously though, Isa says that she wants to put it on everything and I concur completely.

I have made a couple of the recipes from AFR before, and I haven't run into one that I didn't like.  This one, though, will be a staple in my house.  It was tedious to cut up the veggies, but so worth it in the end.  I did cheat a bit by using Trader Joes frozen brown rice (we love that stuff).  If you don't have AFR, get it and make this.  You will love it!!!

1 comment:

omgoshimvegan said...

That looks fantastic. I can't wait to try it.